Sunday, March 07, 2004

there's always gonna be someone taller......

despite the fact that I'm really glad my english group gets to go tomorrow for our project...I really wish we woulda gotten to do it last week so I wouldnt have to miss korean bbq tonight. And to think....i really dont have hw cuz i actually finished the stuff due tomorrow yesterday. How diligent...eh?

It's pretty ridiculous how nervous I'm feeling about my track meet this friday. I think going this far into the season and not having run in a track meet yet has really killed my _______ i dont even know the word for it. But yeah, i feel like i'm gonna die. While 3 stepping hurdles once means I've improved, it also means that I'm more prone to falling and landing on my head and eating it bad, like every other year. It's not that past years have casted a shadow over my track career, it's just well, I cant exactly put my emotions into words. My stomach is a mumbo jumbo of feelings right now....and to think it's 5 days away. I cant really remember if I've felt like this in past years or not. Nervousness? Of course. Ridiculously nervous? maybe. There's very few things that I'm actually nervous about. And it's this aspect of track that I would perfer never to have to deal with again after this season. It's funny how the stupidest things can cause a person to feel this way.

And yes, you can even trust God with those things you consider stupid in life. Am I gonna pray about this nervous build up inside of me that feels like it's tearing out my insides? You bet I am. In fact, I'll be so bold as to ask you to pray for me. Running track and living life are relative. Having to overcome obstacles is a part of life as well as running a race. Heck... i run hurdles....i live to overcome hurdles. Just pray that I overcome the ones I'll face friday =) thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment