Saturday, March 27, 2004

I wanna hold your hand.......

I love oldies. awesome song....is it by the beetles?

The past couple of days have been a blur. A lot of busy work this week. I know I wanted to blog about something yesterday, but I fell asleep around 9 and i missed that chance. So I'll talk about my track meet today.

Well, I had A lunch so i got to see ALL the girls at school!!!!! that's the first time besides Glo's orch concert that that's happened. Juice, G-shock, Coons, and Honer were ALL there!!! and the kewl part was coons and honer dont usually have A lunch...so today was extra bonus day. So it was pleasant missing physics, although I have to make up a lab now... and it's a shame i missed english cuz I really like that class and ms. spradley's awesome. It was amusing having her explain the assignment to me.
Anyhoo, got to bus around 12 and headed to Brenham, home of the bluebell ice cream. OOOOH and the stadium we ran at was right across the street from bluebell and a coke factory. Well, it took close to two hours to get there. We were 30 minutes away from A&M so...and ex-track hero from clements came to visit us. OHH and this dude from UT who went to Brenham HS came to watch the meet cuz he holds the high jump record there...the high jump record for Texas, the high jump record for nationals, and the high jump record for the junior olympics....and he's trying out for the olympics in a few weeks. And he was wearing this HUGE burnt orange wind breaker...and he was SUPER tall. I guess that's why he can almost jump an 8 foot pole.

I shant reminisce about my debut on the track today, cuz that's nothing to remember this all-star by. But I think this is the first meet I've actually bonded with the rest of the team. I've always known the hurdlers and we're tite cuz we know how it feels to suffer the joys and pains in our event. But then I actually got to know a couple of other people pretty well in the past two meets also. It's funny how we've actually known each other for the past three years but never really associated with one another till the second to last meet before districts. The meet was really fun...good times, bumming with two weirdos on the bus.....although this sleeping machine couldn't help falling asleep and waking at random moments.

Every track season, I get this feeling that I want it to end because it's time consuming, stressful, and tiring...but when it ends I wish it wasn't over year. This year, I feel a little different cuz I know it's the last time in my life that I'm gonna be doing something that I really love doing....so the thought of wanting this season to be over hasn't really crossed my mind....and I'm definitely gonna be pretty darn sad when my track career is over. Don't even give me the "you can run in college" business... I sorta blew my chance at that after freshman year....but it woulda been awesome to be good enough for college track. But I figure there's gonna be bigger and better things....and track will always have one of the fondest memories in my mind.

I cant wait until the olympics. Watching the olympics makes me feel alive for some reason. It's amazingly exhilarating watching people run fast, jump high, fly through the air, and do all sorts of tricks. I'm oober excited =)

bahh.. waking at the crack of dawn tomorrow.....sorta.

No comments:

Post a Comment