Wednesday, March 17, 2004

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....

I dont know where to begin. I'm lodged at that point where I'm tired and not tired but I dont exactly feel like sleeping either. So i guess i'll talk about my break thus far. exciting i tell ya. Renewed my passport yesterday, got a chance to unintentionally explore Richmond, that was exciting. I also got to try the Santa Fe Trio sandwich at Quiznos. Em... man.. now i really cant decide which i like better...Subway or Quiznos. They both have their pluses. Speaking of which I'm craving subway. I think i've been craving it since last summer.....the last time i had it.

Went to Galveston today. It was a lot cooler than I expected, but I like cool weather, so it was really nice. I think i flew a kite for about 2 hrs. It's actually pretty fun watching this colorful flying thing fluttering in the sky. And there's this odd thrill of letting the kite string roll between the grip of your hands and watching the kite fly. I remember when i was younger, I always go those cheapy paper kites that birds liked to peck at, so they never lasted too long. I always wanted those more plasticy material kites, like Annie's kite that i flew today. And my greatest apologies to JE for all those jabs to his spine i made with my knee. But it was worth the pain right? We eventually got a wonderful picture of a pyramid! Just look at Debstine blog. hehe...It was fun being at the beach, altho galveston beaches aren't the prettiest ones i've ever been to, I still think the ocean's awesome. I still can't believe I didnt manage to stay up all night to watch the sunrise at wintergetaway. I have yet to accomplish the task of watching a sunrise before i graduate.

It's frustrating sometimes knowing that your friend is doing something stupid but they're forcing themselves to learn the hard way because they wont believe you.

No comments:

Post a Comment