Thursday, March 04, 2004

if you give a mouse a cookie.....

What's so delightful about those caramel delights/Samoas? It's odd how they seem to be the most widely adored cookie of them all. Didn't the peanutbutter patties use to be up there on the most wanted list? There's some unspoken policy in my household that only one package of girl scout cookies are opened at a time. First it was these really tasty lemon things....then we had the pinatas and then..the samoas. So i was anxiously waiting for everyone to finishing eating the samoas so we could open our final pack of cookies. yes.....the long awaited THIN MINTS!

I miss those childhood years when my dad use to buy 5 packs of thin mints from every girl scout on the street. We'd have a stash of 20 boxes of thin mints in the freezer that'd last us around a year. Ah yes...the good ole days.

So you might be wondering....but wait! Ophelia hates chocolate! She's allergic to it! She'll break out in hives! Will it kill her?!!? Well, oddly enough....thin mints have never had a bad effect on me. I actually dont really like cookies either, but I like thin mints. So that makes thin mints a combination of two things I dont really like, yet when you put them together it creates a delightful sensation in my mouth.

I was going a little cuckoo reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and writing poetry about the characters....when I discovered my family had broken the golden rule....2 open boxes of girl scout cookies! So I decided thin mints deserves a post all its own. Heck it sure made my day....now it's back to reading and writing...woopdee.

No comments:

Post a Comment