Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Every time.....

So I decided to play a little catch up with my fob tv before I started off on my Gulliver's Travel binge. I flipped to the movie channel and I came across this really wacky korean movie. My face was twisted up after watching the last 4 minutes of the movie. So here's the plot so you can share in my twisted face experience:

So this guy meets his roomie's older sister in high school and he totally falls head over heals for her. This guy gets really sad when he sees the girl of his dreams going out with all these guys in college. So he had planned to express his feelings for her when he realized he couldn't muster up enough courage to do so. SO the alternate solution? Dress up like a woman so he could get close to her and become her best friend....and that's exactly what happened. Well, the girl finally finds herself a man whom she thinks she can settle with and now that her and the guy that really likes her are best friends, she tells him everything about her life (not knowing that he/she was truly her brother's roommate) Then she finds out that her bf was cheating on her and she runs home and pours out her heart to the cross dresser that really likes her. SO then the love sick puppy guy goes to find the girl's bf and confronts him about his appalling behavior...and he gets SO ticked that he pulls off his wig and reveals his true man identity just as the girl walks into the restaurant...thus discovering his little secret *gasp* so at this point everyone is a little disgusted. The girl's bf gets the socking of his life and faints....and the girl later confronts her secret admire about his little secret.....life goes on and they split for good. Time goes by and the girl finds the ex-cross dressers diary in her brother's college boxes in her house. She discovers all the sacrifices the guy had made for her and decides to dump her bf and hook up with the younger-than-her-cross-dressing-man-who-was-deeply-infatuated with her.

I was actually anticipating one of those typical Asian endings. You know....how the girl all of a sudden acquires cancer thus providing the opportunity for the guy to express his true feelings for her...and when he finally decides to tell her how much he loves her...she dies. So in a way I'm glad I didn't waste ten minutes of my life watching another Asian tragedy...

When it comes to reading books, I have one fear: The Fear of Falling Asleep. I love to read, but I love to sleep more...and it doesn't help that I'm one of the world’s second slowest readers. But you know, for once I have the determination to press on....

Deuteronomy 31:6
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

In my weakness He is my strength...and when I can't bear to stay awake any longer...He'll be there to wake me up. So now I'm off to an adventure of a lifetime.....reading a novel satirizing old fashioned travel books.


No comments:

Post a Comment