Saturday, March 20, 2004

the agony of defeat.....

Today could have easily been the worst day of my life...but you know, God wouldn't let that happen. I could have fallen miserably and once again scrapped up my entire body. I could have gotten a heat stroke. I could have thrown up. I could have missed the bus. I could have been spiked in the head. But God didn't let that happen =)

Despite all that did not happen, I shall share with you what did happen. Today was by far the longest day of my entire life. Woke up at 6:20 this morning. Brushed my teeth and then I ate a nice hearty peanut butter and banana sandwich. =D Dug around my house for a working set of headsets for my cd player...didnt find one. Left my house at 6:55....and made it to school just as the bus was about to leave at 7:03. We arrived at Warton at who knows when, but I just woke up from a nice 45 minutes nap. It was really cloudy and the entire team was hoping and praying that perhaps the meet would rain out and no one would have to run. It didn't rain. In fact, the weather was SOO good that everyone got burned in some way or another. So i waited for about 4-5 hours before I had to run. By that time I was rather sleepy. Warmed up with the resta the hurdle girls (and surprise we were the majority at the meet today =D) Ran a stinky race, buuttt I made finals so that was awesome. So after I ran, I cheered on my teamates who did superb. OHHH and lunch was REALLY GOOD. I love attending events with great lunches...that's why Jess draged me to math olympiad in middle school =P So you're prolly wondering wut i ate. Well, I ate a HUGE sloppy joe sandwich, pickels, cheetos, starbursts, and a dr.pepper. Talk abt massive energy boost. Aftear waiting another 2 hrs. I ran again. and AHHHHHH I RAN THE FASTEST TIME I'VE EVER RUN IN HS! so that was the good part.....and the bad part is... I've never had such a painful race before. The two girls to the left and right lanes of me in the heat...were clearly amateurs. I've NEVER in my hurdling career been slapped so brutally. I remember my deathly fall freshman year was the result of such an attack. However, today I was a fighter....but these girls were beastly. Maaan....and you will never understand the agony of defeat until you miss the silver medal by .01 seconds...yes.... a HUNDRETH of a second. And so i came in fourth because both the girls slapped me at the last hurdle and I came tumbling in fourth. and my dreams of getting a medal melted away in less than a blink of an eye. I'll take me some time to forgive myself. However, after I ran through the first flight of hurdles to qualify for finals, I could SOOO feel the presence of God and i KNEW that someone had been praying for me. So I thank you. You know who you are...and I'm so blessed to have experienced the power of that prayer today. =)

Like I said...today was a long day. And I've been SO blessed in every way. I didnt have to run the 300 meter hurdles, which i absolutely loathe....and i was fortunate to walk away unscathed .....save for a burnt nose. And when I only expected to be running through 100 meter hurdles once today...God placed me in a position to run twice...and both times I was able to overcome that jinx of falling at the first meet of every season. God is good all the time....all the time God is good....

when in doubt...trust in God....and pray....the ultimate solution to every great obstacle in life.

boy is it good to be home 12 hrs from this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment