Friday, January 17, 2003

Had a rather strange BUT good day. I've got this funky habit of getting really tired at 11 if i dont take a nap... then i take an 11pm power nap... set alarm and plan on waking at 12... to finish hw. Last nite was the first time this semester i've had to do that..... but then the strange part of power naps is my hand has learned to have quick reflexes when hearing an alarm clock and it doesn't like the snooze.. so then i hit the off button instead and accidentally fall back asleep... so then i end up waking at 2am vs....12am.....I still had to read... 1/2 of Walden (this... yuckness essay by Henry David Thoreau...transcendentalists...*shakes head*).....the natural response for a girl with junioritis/lazybum syndrome.... is say "away with the reading... it's bed time!"...and that's precisely what i did. However... junioritis is not quite as severe as senioritis.. so instead of NOT reading at all... i set my alarm for 6.. so i cud read for 1/2 an hr b4 heading off to school. So when the alarm went off... wabam.. *hand slams off button on clock*

Now.. i also have a second funky habit... it's after i turn off the alarm.. i try not to fall complete back to sleep... so i'm semi-awake and continue waking in 3-minute intervals... so every three minutes i check the clock and close my eyes again and say three more minutes....so... it's abt... 6:45 on my clock and i'm freaking out... like every other morning... and i'm rushing through the shower.... etc etc.... and i run down stairs dreading the thought of how scary my mom wud be if i wake her.... when i get downstairs i head to the microwave for my daily dose of a slice of bread.... and see the clock and it said : 6:09 am........

I had to make a double take there.....wasn't excatly convinced that it was 6 instead of 7... so somehow.. i musta re-adjusted my clock while setting my alarm last nite. BUT after that everything made so much sense.... cuz when i woke up the first time.. i was unusually tired.. and when i was in the shower... i felt like i was gonna fall asleep standing.. but... i usually dont feel that way... so when i saw the clock it all made sense. THe BEST part was that God gave me an extra hr to read Walden.. and i managed to read it afterall!

Then at lunch today.... i asked for roast beef on my sandwich.. the lady gave me turkey.....but that's kewl... cuz... turkey is healthier. English quiz made sense for once... and i managed to pass the scariest pre cal quiz ever... and i finished my track workout w/o puffing and panting too hard. Oh.. but track DID get kinna gross... cuz last nite.. my dad was having too much fun with my computer chair on wheels.. and i was walking back to the comp and he rammed my heal and tore some skin... so when i was running today... it kept scrapping up against it... and i ended up with a bloody sock.. .NE hoo... nap time.. whoa.. long entry..haha..

No comments:

Post a Comment