Thursday, December 18, 2003

they say the neon lights are bright on broadway........

So tomorrow is my last exam of high school *knock on wood* and i've completely lost the will to study. But as jason chow constantly reminds me, school is my job and the task which God has graciously provided for me at this point in my life. School and studying is what God wants me to work at now, but at the same time giving Him the glory in all that i do.

"so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

this past week has been pretty relaxing. ironic isnt it? Initially, i thought maybe it's because I dont really care anymore. Grades just arent the big waahoo that it use to be. But then i realized what it really is. It's "the peace of God which transcends all understanding." I think i might have even forgotten to ask God for peace, but he knew i needed it and gave it to me, for free! Who says there's no free lunch?

That reminds me of the song Blessed Be Your Name. The part of the song that says "You give and take away." I have found that when you hold something too close to you heart, God will find a way to take it from you because he knows that that's what's best. Then when you become fully content with not having what you once held dear, God gives it back to you. God's timing is perfect.

man... i have this dying urge to go running. If i dont run soon, I think I'm gonna bust. This Christmas break I'm gonna go running lots! (well for the times that i'll be home anyways). Running in the morning, and in the afternoon. Running in the evening and underneath the mooon. AAnnnnd tomorrow is Friday! Annnd i need to go Christmas shopping!

I need to go study. Ohhh.. one last thing. So since i've been having to go to school earlier than usual, I've gotten the chance to say the flag salute (which is kewl..cuz i dont get to very often.) and i realized that I dont know the texas flag salute. All i know is "honor the texas flag" the end. What kind of state has it's own salute? Do all states do that? But getting to the point, I really like the moment of slience. Every morning right before the exam during the moment of slience, I pray and give that time to God. I pray that He will guide and give peace to all who take exams. And the best part about that is, I know He's listening.

ever tried praying during the moment of silence while every other kid in the class is busily cramming the last ounce of fact into their brains? that's in the category of "the kewlest feelings in the world"
peace and good luck examing!

No comments:

Post a Comment