Wednesday, December 24, 2003

i want to get away... i want to fly away.....

winter getaway was really awesome. Although, I felt like I slept through most of it, God really allowed this whole getting away and experiencing God weekend fall at the right time. Sometimes you just need to get away from the busy life and the day-to-day world you live in and breathe a little. I definitely got to do some breathing these past few days.
It's funny how the past several months God has really been revealing to me a lot of what Grace shared at WG. I love God because He meets us where we are in every situation in our lives and He knows exactly what we need to do to free ourselves from the burdens of this world. He demonstrates to us through his control over our lives that he is one deserving of our trust. He knows how to handle our problems in the most affective manner, so that we can completely surrender all that we struggle. God doesnt ask much of us, He only asks that we come to him in obedience.

God's requests are so simple, yet at the same time they're so difficult to achieve. I guess that's why our praise is so much louder once we overcome. I believe that the feeling of being able to free your heart is one of the most amazing things in the world-- one that i thirst for. I want a heart that finds complete satisfaction in having a relationship with God. I want a heart that knows, not just in my mind, that He is enough for me. A wise woman once told me to pray for three things in my life:
1. To desire God more
2. To know God more
3. To love God more.
praying about these three things will lead me to a life fully content in God and God alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment