Wednesday, December 10, 2003

HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY STEENI =)

steeni

i've known Steeni for a while. She was the first person i met when i moved to Tri-Citites. I remember it vividly =) I walked into church that sunday, and the first person i met was Mrs. Nevala! and then... we walked into the fireside room. Then Steeni's mom said, "This is my daughter Christine. You can hang out with her so you dont get lost." hehehe.... i love her mom. So that was how your friendship began.

I remember one year i got a card from her that said something like, "Happy Birthday, did you think i forgot? Why... that would be like forgetting my own birthday!" So true... so true...heck we were only born 6 days apart, and i got to be the fortunate older one =) I dunno for some reason, when i think of her, the second thing that comes to mind is "swan style basketball". All those years of playing basketball at the chinese new years celebration....wow....and she's still a swan style pro. So you might be wondering, what is the first thing that comes to mind when i think of steeni. Well, i would have to say, the four musketeers. Wow... i still remember my initiation behind the folded up matress at was it.. F flat camp? It's been a while.

More than being a musketeer, i will always remember the bond that God has placed in our friendship. She has truely been a blessing in my life and along with my other two musketeers. These girls have taught me first hand what it's like to have a true, real, and authentic friendship. One of life's greatest blessings is having those kinds of friendships. No matter how long you've been apart or how far away from each other you are, once you meet again, you can pick up where u left off. I know that i can trust these girls with my life. I can be completely transparent with them i know that they will still love me for who i am. Not a day goes by that i dont thank God for them and for every single one of my friendships. After all, God is a God of relationships.

So Steeni, although i didnt get a chance to wish you a happy birthday in person, I wish you a year older full of blessings. May God continually mold you and shape you into a more beautiful woman in Christ. happy birthday!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment