Thursday, October 16, 2003

Seven Secrets of Success
By Rick Warren

Few people have made as much of an impact with their lives as the apostle Paul. By the end of his life, he had spread the faith across the entire Roman Empire - traveling mostly on foot. Imagine what he might have accomplished if he'd had a jet, a cellular phone, and a fax machine! Here, in his own words, are the keys I've discovered to his successful life:

SENSE OF DIRECTION"I run straight toward the goal in order to win the prize..." Phil 3:14
UNDERSTANDING"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation." Phil. 4:12
COMMITMENT"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task that the Lord Jesus has given me..." Acts 20:24
COMPASSION"I may have all knowledge.. and the faith to move mountains... and may give away everything I have - but if I don't have love, it does me no good." 1 Cor. 13:2-3
ENTHUSIASTIC FAITH"I have the strength for all things through Christ who empowers me. I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses inner strength into me." Phil 4:13
SERVICE TO OTHERS"I will be glad to spend all I have, and myself as well, in order to help you." 2 Cor. 12:15
STAYING POWER"I am hard-pressed on all sides, but I'm never frustrated; I'm puzzled, but never in despair; I am persecuted, but I'm never deserted by God; I may be knocked down but I'm never knocked out!" 2 Cor. 4:8-9

Try building these qualities into your own life and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment