Saturday, January 03, 2004

and all God's people say.....

If you ask me what i learned from Urbana, i would probably tell you that I dont know where to begin. I learned so much and my brain is still in info-overlaod mode. I can tell you that God was good, and the Holy Spirit was moving.

It's funny though, cuz at Urbana, God continued my passion for prayer. God really revealed to me a deeper kind of prayer as i attended a prayer seminar. The seminar leader prayed for this girl whom she didnt know and after the prayer, everything that she had prayed for was exactly what she needed to be prayed for. The girl was so shooken up by the Holy Spirit duriing the prayer (as was the rest of the room) that she was almost speechless.. she could barely speak. Prayer is definitely an amazingly powerful thing.
Urbana also helped me re-examine just how BIG God is. When you worship with 20,000 other people in the same place, hands lifted high, speaking different languages in different styles, it's almost a glimpse of heaven. It just kinda hit me that....you know.... these 20,000....there's even more than that to God's kingdom. God's huge-ness....is unfathomable.
I was also able to grasp a little more of my Christmas prayer. Jesus on earth bridged so many things. He made being able to share our faith possible, and also the ability to be able to call ourselves followers of Jesus Christ. I dunno... it's all so clear in my head....just cant express it in words.
I also really enjoyed my small group. It's amazing how much wisdom women 4+ years older than I have. It's really different being the youngest in a small group. I loved seeing how God spoke to each of these women and the insightful perspectives they drew from God's word.
Twas also nice rooming with Grace and Amy. I felt well taken care of by my momma ducks. Maaan.. going to Urbana makes me wanna apply to U of I. It's nice and cold there AND there's great food everywhere. At some good quality korean food and milk tea drinks. yah.. enough said.
but then again...nothing beats living at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment