Friday, January 30, 2004

"the horror the horror".......

This week, this week, what could i possibly say about this week? I seriously need to stop feeling that the weeks are long. However, that is the plain truth-- my week was long. You could almost say that it was unbearably long..... In fact, i cant really recall anything that happened.... only that I fell asleep when i didnt want to (or even remember that i did), and wasn't able to accomplish what i needed to. In a nutshell, this week was out of wack. It was funny though....once again God flashed the word PERSEVERANCE in my face.
Grace shared about persevering in times of struggles at SFC today. That's something that God has continued to press me foward on. If there's one thing that I've learned this year, it is that God always calls out to each of us because he never gives up on us....the only reason it would seem that he's left us is that we didnt listen to him in the first place, so when he calls, we stop hearing his voice. I know that God hasnt given up on me because I hear him incessantly calling me to persevere through my struggles.
School is one big struggle for me. But by struggling, God is testing my faith. The distractions I'm faced with constantly tries to hinder me from accomplishing what I need to. Studying and school work are the duties that God has purposefully placed in my life to build me in many areas...both intellectually and spiritually. I always seem to find a sense of completeness when fulfilling the tasks assigned to me. I know the deeds are simple, but they're applauded and pleasing to my Father in heaven.

"Consider it pur joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of man kinds, because you know that testing of your faith develops perseverance. Persevearnce must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

On a lighter note, International festival was fun. Let's just say there are some people out there who are amazingly talented and blessed to have the culture that they do. I really enjoyed all the cultural enlightenment.... from the outfits, performances, to the food. Oh, and even clean up was fun....lots of ripping paper and tape...and yeah... picking up trash, the works ya know? Oh...and eating chicken and candy hearts off the floor was super great. It was a relaxing event after a tedious day of tests.
heh.. arite.. i think i should stop rambling now before i write a book. Ahhh... tomorrow is saturday, and I get to proctor at the math competition....kewl... gives me more time to finish my seminar book! =) peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment