Tuesday, January 13, 2004

a glitch in the system...

Today was a long day. Got up early for sfc

“Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalms 46:10

it was really awesome just meditating on God's word with the people in my group. It really helped silence some of the noise and pounding in my head. Looking at that verse and realizing how God is so glorious and how He's so BIG really brings a lot of comfort and peace. It really helps to let go of all that I hold on to. When i see that verse, i get an image of a little person looking through a store window staring at something he really wants. Then God comes along, places a hand on the little person's shoulder and says, "Be still and know that I am God." That phrase brings assurance that God is more than enough for me.

when class rolled around I realized that I'd left my box of kleenex in the car. I was dribbles all day long and i should definitely replenish my teachers' supply of tissues. So when my nose had almost reached the level of rudolphness it was time for track. Surprisingly, both my nose and my feet didnt run at all during workout. har har. When the bell rang, I thought my day was over...only to realize that there was an nhs meeting...and after dismissal from that....i thought my day was over....only to realize that I had chem lab. Finally, after all that, my day was over. Came home, took a nap, and i now, I'm not so sure I'll be going to school tomorrow.

even tho i feel pretty yuck at the moment, i'm craving sushi....i think i might have had a dream that i was at a japanese restaurant. Nice, black, disgusting, near-barf-inducing, hot, steamy, herbal tea sounds good right about now. bring on the chinese medicine!

if you saw a girl driving her car down commonwealth with two tissues up her nostrils, eating a tomato while singing to Philips, Craig, and Dean, stopping at the stop sign for the middle school crossing, with two mommy cross guards staring at her, that was me.
have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment