Sunday, January 11, 2004

ten thousand miles to the great wall of china.......

It's understandable that people who have lived in the same place, had the same phone number, and the same bedroom their entire lives are more inclined to want to leave the state for college. Sometimes, it's nice to leave the bubble and see the world. It's the first time in my life that there's been somewhat of an ethnic struggle and ethnic clicking issue. but..it's inevitable...it's the same here as it is in seattle or any city where the minority of asians is not quite so minority. funny how birds of the same kind flock together.

It's funny how God answers prayers....you never get what you expect. It's funny how people change....they never turn out the way you would have imagined. It's funny how God created man....there's so many beautiful colors. It's funny how there's around 6 billion people on earth....and no two are truly exactly the same. gosh...God's pretty creative.

Every year when the track season rolls around, I'm overcome with a dreadful sensation. The coaches always tell you that as a runner, you know your limits. This will be my sixth season running track, and I actually have no idea what my limit is. I just know that I'll never hit my limit. How can I? I dont know what it is. I guess that's where the dread soaks in. I want to perform well, and it's a possibility that I could, but what's my full capability? If I knew, maybe I would push myself harder. I've always wondered how deep my passion for the sport is. Do i really like to run so much that i would put myself through such torture year after year even though my track skills degrade annually? It's definitely a phase....these strange feelings i have about track. I guess when the season starts rolling (on tuesday =P), and the adrenaline starts pumping, my nose stops stuffing, my chest feels a little less congested, and my throat feels a little less scratchy, my love for the sport will be rejuvenated.

feeling a little random and rather a bit as cynths put it....

cynths: girl, you're out of it!

yeah... im a little out of it i guess, i suppose i could use some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment