Wednesday, January 14, 2004

storms rise.. weakness wins..and you lose your foothold once again.....

when the going gets tough when the rides too rough....when you're just not sure enough....Jesus will still be there.....

i love that song. Point of Grace = kewl^1000

Let me just take the time to say that i love my cbs girls and i love Margarete too. Today was really relaxing. Although, i could hardly hear what every was saying, it was good. Lately, I've been pondering why I want to go into social work. The conviction was so strong when the revelation first came to me. I knew in my heart that social work was exactly what i wanted to spend the next 50 years of my life doing. To an extent that still holds true. But of course, like many other things in life, it comes with a doubt. I guess for a while I've been lacking in the passion for serving others. Maybe it's cuz i've been busy and sick, but something just felt really wrong about wanting to spend a lifetime in that field, but tonight really cleared up a lot for me.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." Mark 12:29-30

I guess what i realized is, loving God first will drive the passion to love others. The lack in passion that I've been experiencing may be accounted to the fact that I really havent had too many quiet moments with God to love Him with everything I've got.
For the longest time i've been striving for discipline in basically all areas of my life, and it's a goal still yet to be achieved. Everytime i get closer to this goal, the more tired I become, and the more difficult everything else becomes.

Loving a bajillion people comes with loving God first. Yea, I'm still pretty convicted of my future and purpose in life. Love love love God with all I've got, then love others, and maybe that'll lead to social work? yea? yea......

dead tired.....ready to pass out and turn in for the weekened, but there is a battle yet to be fought! Onward soldier!

wishing you a superb day. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment