Sunday, January 18, 2004

Sometimes you can almost make your head believe what you want it to.....

I was picking out songs for children's worship and one of the songs suggested was I Could Sing of Your Love Forever. The song is so melodic and peace-giving. I was completely overcome with a deep sense of comfort. I remember in urbana one of the speakers spoke of how God sometimes reveals things to you through revelations, and once they're revealed to you, you wont ever forget it. After experiencing the revelation of knowing God's love for me, I havent been able to forget it; and I know I never will. Knowing this truth has brought me to see the beauty of worship songs in a new light. Standing in awe of God really does want me to sing of His love forever.

It's funny how Christians all understand what it means to experience God in your life; but to someone who doesn't know God, everything I speak of about God on my blog is completely bogus. People who live without God in their lives think and act differently. Knowing God really does change someone. In fact, I think you finally begin to see the world for what it really is...you begin to see yourself for who you really are. I've read so many blogs about people who are incessantly questioning the purpose of life. Without that direction, it seems like there are those who aimlessly seek the fleeting pleasures of the world to satisfy that longing for a purpose--a reason for living. Christians have the answers on the tip of their tongues. Either we dont share the answer to that question with people who need to know, or we share the answer, but they cant accept it....how frustrating.

weird....i was just thinking about how my mind functions. The way a Christian mind thinks is truely set apart from the world....so shouldnt what we do and say reflect that as well? Gosh im random at the wee hours of the morning. sleep sounds terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment