Sunday, November 02, 2003

She who rocks my world

grandma

My dad was scanning pictures of his family when he was a little kid. It was sorta in chronological order so he came across some of my pictures when i was a kid. That's a picture of me and my grandma (my grandfather had a deep passion for haircutting.. excuse the short hair.=P)
I dont remember too much abt my grandma. The last time i saw her was two years ago. Everytime we went back to hong kong, she always had something wonderful to feed us. I tell ya... if there's a such thing as the "best chef on Earth" that would be my grandma. As i was growing up, i lived with my grandparents. For my family it was sort of a tradition to be raised by my grandma. She raised 7 children and 7 grandchildren. I may have been a rather simple minded little kid, but i do know that her complaints about us were very few. (especially since my cousins and i were such a rowdy bunch). Well, that was 12 years ago. I remember whenever i went back to hk to visit her, she always wanted to buy me stuff. She bought me 5 dresses once..... she thought my parents didnt clothe me well....=P.... and she always wanted to make sure i'd be warm during the winter time cuz she feared that i would freeze to death in washington. My grandparents are originally from Hunan... and after they moved down to hong kong... they sorta acquire a strange hunanese cantonese dialect....that only the members of my family understand. Over the years i've lost the ear for their lingo and whenever we called them my dad always hadda translate. I loved my grandma and whether i'll see her in heaven will be a mystery until i get there. So yeah.... this was a tribute to her. If i ever find a genie in a bottle, one of my wishes would be to have one last chance to tell her how much i appreciated her and loved her.

No comments:

Post a Comment