Saturday, November 08, 2003

Keep the candle burning.....

This has gotta be the most relaxing week of my Clements high school experience.

After eating dinner at Pei Wei Asian Diner (over chargers for the type of food they serve) I had the inclination to read blogs. So i was reading Christine's when i came across Josh's blog. The last time i saw that guy was a little over a year ago. He still looks like the same guy I met 8 years ago, but somethings definitely changed about him. Just reading through some of his entries and his testimony was really awesome. I can definitely see how God's used him and molded him in such amazing ways in the past several years. Josh now, isnt the one i knew way back. I remember him as the guy who picked on me and Diane when we started middle school. I remember how he called her mini mouse and all his weird things that he did. All in all.. i use to think Josh was your average asian wannabe punker tennis dude. After reading his blog it's evident that God's revealed himself to him. I can definitely see how God is molding Josh into the man that He wants him to be.

It's so awesome to see the super change that God can create. I mean u might think, oh the guy changed over time, big deal. But when i see the change in people, i see the power of God. I see God's power to place experiences, miracles, and love to change a persons heart and mind, turning them back to Him.

I remember at the last Friday sfc, Justine shared how people can touch other ppl. Well, after reading Josh's blog.... for some reason... i think he touched my life in some unique way. It's weird, I was really encouraged reading about the things that God has done and is doing in his life. And i guess that led me to think about how God's touched my life in the past several years. It's soo kewl realizing that God never gives up on me and continues to refine me.

Recently, I've been brought back to the memories of a lot of old friends. When I think about them, i think of all the things and sweet memories built in the past and that helps build the excitement and hope that God holds for the future. By all means... i am in no rush to reach the future quickly....i may be anxious....but i know the future holds many of God's riches and the journey to get there will be well worth taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment