Tuesday, November 18, 2003

roll of thunder hear my cry.....

It's probably typical for every blogger to question the existence of their blog right? Once a person takes up blogging several things can happen. Blogging can become an addiction and a day without doing so leaves you empty and lacking inside. The other extreme is that the blog becomes neglected. Or blogging is somewhere in between on the spectrum. What does that in between part entail? Blogs are funny. Often times they can be meaningless ramblings which people return daily to read. I guess the funny part is not so much that people blog, it's the whole idea that people return to read them. (i guess i wud be rambling now and you would be returning to my blog to read it =P). A person may not blog for perhaps a month, yet their devoted readers return faithfully. So then why do I blog? I admit, more often than not, I'm probably wasting your time and mine by sitting here and typing about.....whatever it is that i type about. My rambling is probably more beneficial to me than it is you. For the most part, you might not get to know me better as a person by reading what i have to say.....but on the positive side....my writing skills have somewhat been honed. I guess another reason why i blog would be to share something i might consider meaningful or encouraging. For me, whenever i discover something exciting about God or something amazing He's done.... i cant keep my mouth shut and i feel as if i have to share how I've been enlightened. I definitely have to say that God is a worthy cause for blogging.

so perhaps at times i may have many meaningless utterances....but i rather like the concept of blogging....and if that doesnt strike your fancy, i suppose it's understandable that you wouldnt have one....by all means I am not against rambling blogs. In fact they're both amusing and meaningful. Sometimes when you dont get a chance to talk to people, you read their blog....and you still have a chance to see what's going on with them. Another worthy cause of blogging! There you have it my anti-blogging friends. Blogs do have their purposes....in my opinion at least. As much as I've rambled on today, I still hope that you have been enlightened somehow....whether it be about me.... or my blog...that's up to you. until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment