Sunday, November 09, 2003

spiral of life to the deep unknowns.....

currently listening to my much awaited Newboys Adoration: The Worship Album. =)

Hmm...today, I'm having one of those, I feel pretty content with the way everything in my life's going. Yet at the same time I feel really frustrated and saddened by the thoughts of all the people that either know God, but would rather deny Him daily than deny themselves; and the people who once knew God but have wandered so far from Him that only He can bring them back into His arms again. I'm having one of those days that i feel like praying it away.

Overall, this Sunday was pretty *big thumbs up*. In my sunday school class, we've been studying prophecies in the book of Daniel. The most amazing thing about studying prophecies is how incredibly faithful God is in fulfilling what was given as visions to his messengers. We've studied how God gave Daniel a vision about four kingdoms: The Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Greek, and Roman. God told Daniel pretty much what would happen in these kingdoms, and you gotta remember that at the time of the visions, Daniel was living in the Babylonia/Medo-Persian empires so when he found out things about the future of his jewish kin....it must have been pretty mind blowing. What's more, after Daniel's death, the visions about the Greek and Roman empires were fulfilled. If you think about it, this is some pretty seriously amazing stuff. Because these visions have been fulfilled, we can know without a doubt that Gods Word is true. And the other kewl thing is.... God knows the future and He is faithful in fulfilling His will, not just for the Jewish people, but for both you and for me.

But the thing that truely amazes me, besides knowing the validity of God's word and his faithfulness, is that the future of the Jewish people is predicted in Daniel. (which ultimately affects everyone else too). If you've ever seen the Left Behind series... that's a pretty accurate interpretation of what God's word says about the future of mankind. (minus the fictional drama of course) If you've never seen or read the series, I recommend them. I think they did a good job with it. With the knowledge we possess of the future I'm sure glad I know who holds tomorrow.

Lord (I dont know)---> Newsboys

You are the Author of knowledge
You can redeem what's been done
You hold the present and all that's to come
Until Your everlasting kingdom

Lord, I dont know where all this is going
Or how it all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

You are the God of tomorrow
Turning the darkness to dawn
Lifting the hopelss with hope to go on
You are the rock of all salvation

Oh, Lord, You are the Author
redeeming what's been done
You hold us in the present
And all that is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment