Monday, September 01, 2003

from the computer of she who is eating a fruit roll up

if you were wondering, the canton retreat was great. It's not everyday you get to congregate with 200+ cantons. every year i go on family retreats, and i guess i figured this one would be just like the others. Somehow, this one was a little different. I guess spending time with the high schoolers and actually somewhat having a high school program made things a little different. It felt like there was a lot less chill time than the other retreats, but it was really relaxing to be there, by the lake. I really enjoyed the speakers message on sunday. What he spoke about (end times news) is definitely a reality. It's so awesome to know that Jesus is coming back. We dont know when, but he is. So much of what the Bible has stated of the end times is gradually happening now. what do you think of that?

It rained most of the time we were there (as it is currently outside) but we still got to have fun during free time. Us young'ns got to play volleyball with the old folks (aka our parents). It was really fun, and it definitely help take my mind off of a lot of things. I cant remember the last time i played volleyball, but it was sure fun playing this time. And i finally got to watch "The Two Towers" although, i missed like the first 40 minutes or so. dude.. Gollum is funny. I dunno why, but i always have this odd tendancy to laugh at the scary parts of a movie. I honestly think they're funny. Somehow i always see it as the film makers way of trying hard to make the movie scary....but it doesnt scare me. call me weird...haha

It's down pouring like crazy outside. Somehow, the harder it rains, the more cozy my house feels. When i was younger, i didnt like the rain. Then as i got older, my opinion of that changed. I really like rainy days now. I love running in the rain. I dunno... one of my odd quirky sensations, sorta like getting the mail barefoot. And i love thunder. It's so kewl how the skies makes such a loud noise and you cant really distinguish where it's coming from because it sounds like it's coming from everywhere. I think i like it so much is because it reminds me of how powerful God is. I mean, you have no control over this freakishly loud thunder, but God does. The sound of the thunder comes from all around us, just like how God is everywhere. The thunder is shaking my house right now, but God shakes the whole earth with his glorious and mighty power. But one thing is sure, my love for thunder will never surpass my love for God.
maan.. i cant wait until winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment