Saturday, August 30, 2003

Dont keep the Good News for yourself

My grandma had a stroke 2 days ago, and she past away yesterday. When my mom told me the news this morning, I didnt really know what to feel about it. I guess i was really confused. She's the first person in my family to ever pass away. Then my dad came up to my room, and when i saw him, and i saw the pain in his eyes, i couldnt help but start crying. Have you ever experienced that feeling in your face when you just couldnt stop frowning? It's a really weird feeling. It's almost as though you've lost total control of your muscles, leaving you feeling weak.

I cried for my dad, i cried for my grandma, but most of all i cried because i know i'm never going to see her again. She wasn't a Christian, and because of that I wont see her again when i go to heaven. That's probably what hurts the most, knowing that she's gone, and condemed for eternity. I remember Justine sharing this at the prayer meeting last week. She reminded us of the story about the family who had all that good food, but when their son reached over to get some food, they slapped his hand. In the same way, if you care and love about someone, dont let them leave this earth never having experienced God's glorious feast. If God's been faithful to you, share his riches. Time on earth is short, but time in Christ is eternal, so share all the riches you have with those closest to you or even just people you know, because if you possess the salvation of God, dont keep it for yourself. Actually, how could you not shut up about something so awesome?


No comments:

Post a Comment