Wednesday, September 01, 2004

it's never too late to get all extreme and stuff.....

So tonight I had the chance to visit Link (Echo's freshmen fellowship). Once again, it was an overall positive experience. All of the fellowships I've visited (which would be two) have been equally welcoming, in different ways, and both have mission statements which I value. Of course, I don't expect to find a fellowship to settle into until I've looked at more options; but, I'm really commited to finding a community of girls in a small group to grow in the Lord with soon.
It's so tempting to just settle for an asian american community because that's what I've grown accustomed to. Perhaps God is calling me to a ministry of people sharing the same ethnic pride, and maybe He's not. It doesn't really matter whether the community I eventually join uses chopsticks for dinner or not, you don't have to look a certain way to be a disciple of Christ...afterall he does tell us to make disciples of ALL nations....not just the yellow ones.

I must say that the cultures of the US are quite diverse, and it can be hard to submerge yourself into one that you haven't grown up with. But that's the beauty of the US...many nations don't readily get to share in the worship experience with believers of another color. When we worship with red, yellow, black, brown and white, it's like a taste of heaven...cuz you know that no matter what our ancetry is...we all go to the same heaven.

For myself personally, I don't think I'm looking for a fellowship where I'm most comfortable. I'm looking for a place that God is moving, a place where God will speak to me, and a place where God can use me in a way that will change my life and the life of others.

College is a period in our lives that we will never get to live again, and I definitely want to max out my experiences here in UT as well as the course of time I have over these next few years. I dont want to look back on the next several years of my life with regret. I want to leave this campus feeling accomplished and more challenged as a Christian soldier. What that entails, we'll very soon see.

I hope that all of you continue to pray for the college freshmen as we tred the unknown path. May we live fearlessly, and have courage to seek the Lord in a place that shuns us for doing so. May we find a fellowship of believers whom the Lord has placed in our lives to build us up and encourage us through Satan's stronghold on campus. Thanx


No comments:

Post a Comment