Wednesday, September 15, 2004

what you see isn't always what you get.....

who says God doesn't answer prayers? Well, somehow He answers mine. So my praise report today is that I was able to find an easy (no transfers required) bus route to my volunteering tomorrow. That is a cause to celebrate. My last encounter with the public transportation system was pretty sad (despite the fact that I love adventures...walking around downtown alone isn't that fun). Just a word to the wise, if you ever plan on using the "plan a trip" icon on the metro site, make sure that you put that you're willing to walk at least 3/4 of a mile, because that makes a HUGE difference in your itinerary. In fact, I was able to find a bus route that allows me to get to my location in less time that usual with no transfers. So praise the Lord for that.

I never did get a chance to talk about EKG. Well, to say the least it was really awesome. I enjoyed being able to bond with the freshmen and re-meet people that I've met in the past several weeks but actually got to know them a little better and will remember their names for many days to come. Oddly enough, i was walking back to my room from class and I waved at a few of the girls that I'd met at EKG and initially they didn't recognize me. I had to tell them my name and then they remembered who I was. For some reason, people don't recognize me when I'm wearing my glasses, or if I have my hair down, or any other combination than just having my hair up and no glasses. SO if you ever see a person that's wearing glasses with their hair down, or a person with their their hair down, or a person with their hair up and glasses, who happens to look kind of like me, it's probably me....so say hi =) and even if it's not me....maybe you'll simply make someone's day better by saying hi.

oooh...and I got to meet up with my small group today and eat Tiff's treats. Wow...real butter in cookies sure tastes good....and no matter who makes them, oatmeal raisin cookies are still the best on the face of this earth. It's interesting how much all of us in my small group have in common; yet at the same time we're all quite dynamically diverse. It's pretty cool. Everyone has their fears about what will happen in the year to come but I keep my chin up about the great things God has in store for my small group and our leader this year. *a toast to freshmen year*

And that folks concludes my blogging for some time (doesn't that sound familiar?) for I shall be dedicating my life to nerdification for the time being (and this sounds like something from the Oph chronicles as well) so I urge you to check back in a week or so for another update....or drop by just cuz you think David Crowder sings a mean There's No One like You.....farewell dear friends and to all a good night


No comments:

Post a Comment