Monday, September 13, 2004

Lord of Heaven and Earth......

I remember this time last year, I was pretty excited about Students for Christ at Clements. I really felt that God had something big in store for the future of that club. It was also a reality, that maybe I wouldn't be a part of the group of officers that would see the fruits of the club, but being a part of the group of officers that had a passion for the club was just what God had planned. This year, the club has grown immensely, and they've even gotten nationally renouned speakers to speak at school. The weekly attendence has grown from the average of around 30-40 to having about 60 on a regular basis. Just hearing about what an active role God is playing in SFC is so encouraging and uplifting. It reminds me that all the work we put out for the Lord is never in vain no matter what it may feel like at the time. This situation also encourages me to invest my life in God's work with the end result in mind. I think that one of Satan's greatest lies is telling us that we should live for the moment and that the future doesn't really matter. Some may question what the purpose of life is and day to day activities can be pretty mundane. I remember at camp two years ago the speaker asked if we wanted to make a dent in the Earth, to be an history maker. How great would it be to leave Christ's footprints on Earth as a result of the way one has lead their life?

So today I had quite an adventure. Public transportation is officially on my hit list. You'd think that when the transit is on Guadalupe and 21st that it would be right were it says it would be (especially since I called into the metro system), but there happens to be 3 stops on those streets.....and there's this trend where the bus I'm suppose to catch passes by me on the street next to me. Like when I was on Guadalupe, the bus passes to my left on 21st....then when I was on Congress, the bus passes me on Colorado. Maybe I'll have more luck wednesday. I thought fall was approaching, but by the way people sweat these days, I can see that it is not.

I acquired a fun fact of the day. My sister and I were talking on the phone this evening and she was telling me about how this one kid commented on what an awesome UT shirt she had (yes I got my little 8 yr old sister a "dont mess with Texas" shirt....cute I know =P) Anyhow, she went on to tell me how this cool "dude" of a kid was wearing three live strong bracelets. Then I asked her if live strong bracelets were too big for kids her age and she said yes. So my response was, "you guys should wear them on your ankles." While I thought of that comment as a joke, my sister said, "yeah that's how we wear them, on our ankles." Well there you have it. Elementary school kids where live strong bracelets on their ankles. What a trend right? Do they make these things in kids sizes?





No comments:

Post a Comment