Sunday, September 26, 2004

cuz I fell for Keith Urban's songs....

so maybe Austin does brainwash you to have higher tolerance for country music. crap. what my beloved californians would say if they saw me now. I remember my parents took me to the rodeo in pre-school and I wanted to barf after Woody Gutherie's (is that even his name?) concert. Let me tell you...that as a young fob, country music gave me a bad first impression of America. However, I think my opinion of this music genre drastically changed when a friend of mine started listening to country. And during that open-minded phase in life I was a bit more welcoming to the idea of country tunes being music to my ears. Then my country strike sort of ended when I moved to Texas. So maybe moving to Texas was just a huge plot for me to start loving country music (altho love is too strong of a word to describe any future passions for country music.) Apparently there's some kind of inevitability that people at UT fall for country despite any personal objections. bummer.

In some ways I felt like I was missing out on exciting things in Austin this weekend, but everything I missed was well worth the price paid to come home. Some may object, but I will hold fast to the opinion that there truly is no place like home. It's not so much the comforts that I have here; it's more like the people I have here. I got to hang out with a very special friend of mine. Being home and talking to her was so relieving. Time spent with special friends cant be bought at any price. I really had a chance to reflect on friendships and refresh my own perspective on what kinds people need in their lives. I can go on and on and on about friendships, so it's probably easier if you ask me in person... that is if you really want to know cuz you might want to bring a cup of coffee with you.

Well, everyone in this house sleeps before the crack of dawn and while I'm home I too shall conform to such a tradition. In any case, I do look foward to being back in Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment