Saturday, September 25, 2004

the revolution....

I'm home! As Juice put it, "we're back in the bubble!" There's something both familiar and foreign about being home. Time here progress as it does in Austin, but in the bubble, time just moves on without me. I guess one of the things I miss about being at home is hearing my sister's class presentations. In years past, I would always help her beautify her posters and help her present her topics and then she'd demonstrate it for me. Now, she has to wait until I can come home and present her presentations to me after she's finished presenting to her class. She started to watch Matrix Revolution with me, but then she got waaay too tired and fell asleep with her stinky feet in my face =) On the other hand, I did get to finish watching the movie with my dad who had absolutely NO idea what was going on (cuz he never watched the 2nd one and really didn't pay attention to the 1st). But it was fun...I enjoyed explaining everything to him.

What can I say about the third Matrix movie of the triology? I can see how I could get baggered for this comment, but I actually liked the movie. In fact, I'm rather fond of all three of the movies. Of course, I would agree that the first Matrix was the best and the other two were completely incompariable, but I enjoyed them nonetheless. I'm a horrible movie critic and stop reading my ramblings if you hated matrix revolution, one offense is enough for the night. I tend to favor the really stupid movies (i.e. Dude where's my car), really long movies (Meet Joe Black), and much disliked movies (Titanic)....so now you know what kind of movie critic I am. One thing I can say is that nearly every Brad Pitt movie is excellent. I'm rarely disappointed, not because Brad is in them, but because they're all either real quirked up or just plain entertaining. I think by the time I'm 30, I just might have a complete collection of Brad movies... currently I'm not even close, but I'd say that 3 is a good start =D
I am rather disappointed that I won't make it back to Austin in time for IM football. It woulda been nice to see them Pudgy Penguins get "wrecked" as Lawrence put it...but there's other plans for me here at home. When my dad heard that I was playing co-ed football he thought I was playing soccer...cuz in HK football is synonymous with soccer... British ya know? He kinda looked scared, cuz I have pretty bad experiences with sports. Not that I've died or anything, he just has a notion that all girls are fragile. My sister likes to fall on her head a lot...so one kid with a lumpy head is enough.
Well, I have a 8am dental appointment to attend...so I shall leave you with a thought: Watermelon is good, people should eat more of it before the season ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment