Tuesday, September 21, 2004

"When you pray, do not use vain repetitions..." Matthew 6:7

"God does not hear us because we pray earnestly-- He hears us solely on the basis of redemption. God is never impressed by our earnestness. Prayer is not simply getting things from God-- that is only the most elementary kind of prayer. Prayer is coming into perfect fellowship and oneness with God. If the Son of God has been formed in us through regeneration (Galatians 4:19), then He will continue to press on beyond our common sense and will change our attitude about the things for which we pray" --Oswald Chambers

I was reading this last week, and it really helped me reflect on my prayer life. It helped me question every prayer that I uttered. Do you ever find yourself saying the same prayer at every meal? What is perfect fellowship and oneness with God? Have you ever experienced that? How can we have the right attitude about the things we pray for?
Prayer is definitely an integral part of spiritual growth. It's hard to communicate with the Father without this aspect of our relationship with him. And what kind of relationship would we have with Him if all we ever do is ask and take from Him? When we pray, how does our prayer life impact our everyday life? Can people even tell that we are pray-ers? I really think that our attitude toward prayer is a reflection of our relationship with God. There's so much to ponder about it and prayer itself is a part of that journey of discovery to the heart of God.


man...had to overcome my fear of gekcos today cuz I caught one and I think it died.



No comments:

Post a Comment