Thursday, September 16, 2004

Achilles... man in skirt.....

I apologize for the total loss of self-control now that I am blogging. Just for the record, that is not how I normally lead my life. mind you....I have been studying....

Well tonight I finally saw Troy. Don't worry, I wasn't totally captivated by buff man Brad sprinting around in a mini skirt. The movie was definitely VERY corny, which resulted in my horrible outbursts of laughter, thus embrassing my kind friends who were sitting next to me, BUT it was also beautifully tragic. I must have enjoyed the movie so much because............I've forgotten how the real story goes. I can honestly see how Troy could make any man or woman a little more shallow...take the gorgeous looking cast for starters.... the fire of romance .... the "I'm doing it for love" mentality.... men in skirts .... a cute baby .... and swords! Oh and I can finally see why so many girls (and guys) out there think that Eric Bana is really something special and how those Legolas lovers out there have betrayed their love for the cute curly brown. Bottom line, the movie was well casted. Althought it definitely was not Oscar-worthy, it's got thumbs up from me.

Something valuable I've learned this past week is that sometimes the people that are the hardest to love are those that test what areas I need to work on to become a more effective witness. In realizing what kinds of qualities in people that are hard to love brings out the worst in me and makes me see the areas in my life that could use a little grace, a little wisdom and a little more strength from God. Sometimes I tend to forget that the Bible is living and active and has a word to teach about every situation life gives. I feel like everytime the bible speaks to me, I've been hit over the head with a brick. And like a brick, what God has taught me, I will remember (cuz sometimes it hurts), and other times it just leaves such a dent in my head that I will remember what God is trying to show me.

Some men are fools for love like Paris.... and some men die for love like Hector.... but God's love does not end like the sun sets at the closing of a man's life... it's a love that's not forgotten like great heros...it's a love that is unconditional, freely given and freely received.... God's love loves the pests... it loves the haters... it makes me more like the Jesus who took a stand for love.


No comments:

Post a Comment