Thursday, April 29, 2004

When did you fly so far away.........

So now I know what I've missed, not having watched nearly two full seasons of Friends. It's one of those shows that can make you laugh, cry, and smile all in one episode. I seriously nearly choked on my spit from trying to sneeze and laugh at the same time. Greatest feeling ever. It's a good thing my last AP of the week is next thursday, so I won't have to miss it. Party anyone?

I've never had a teacher like Ms. Beck. And I dont mean that in a negative way at all. There's very few teachers these days in high school that go the extra stretch to encourage their students to try and work harder because they see potential in them. I've never had a teacher call me for the sake of calling me and telling me I could really accomplish something. Given...it's pretty weird when your teacher calls your house. It almost makes me feel bad that I haven't worked harder. Ms. Beck called tonight just to make sure I'd be making time to get to some tutorials for Cal, not to make my life more miserable, but as she put it "had faith" in me to do well on the AP. To be honest, I'd pretty much given up on doing well. The past couple months have been a deterioration of any study habits I've acquired and it's funny how she called me to tell me that just at the right time. I guess every teacher has their way of showing that they care.

A lot of the time, I find that my faith in God is like that. One moment, everything will be great, and my relationship with Him is good. I learn a lot and I understand and hear all the things that He has to teach me. Then I reach some obstacle in my faith that causes me to feel burdened or I simply don't feel like doing what God has planned for me. And when it seems like everything can't be helped, I get that phone call from God telling me that He is with me through everything. If I place my trust and faith in him, there is nothing that cannot be conquered. God's timing is perfect, and he'll rescue you at exactly the right moment. We will fail God, but God will never fail us.

Anyhoo, I was reading Jesse's blog when I came across a little something jack, jess, and I wrote for zander a while back.
So if you've never been to a dance, you need some tips on what you're suppose to do at the dance, and you're a guy. This is for you.

prom tips for guys

No comments:

Post a Comment