Friday, April 23, 2004

as we go on we remember all the times we've had together.....

So I got several emails from an old friend about a drama festival he went to. It sounded unbelievably exciting. The festival had all sorts of workshops for both techies and thespians. There was one about massive sophisticated lighting. Another workshop taught how to choreograph sword fight scenes. The exciting part about the emails was just the fact that his thespian group did awesome at the festival and got some pretty amazing marks. I really miss stage production and all the craziness and stress that went with it. I also remember how heartbroken I was when I found out I hadn't made the musical. Being rejected from something I felt so passionate about was pretty heart wrenching. Looking back on those times, I remember why I hadn't been casted. I also remembered why I hesitated to be a thespian again after that experience. Although I stopped acting for awhile, God sorta brought drama back into my life. I remember the Christmas production two years back. It was so much fun, and it was a really great experience for me. I loved acting with the cast and how exciting it was to be able to tell the story of Jesus through drama. Being a part of this play wasn't like the other ones I'd been casted in. Acting for the Lord didn't bring glory to myself, and that was the best part. All was done for the glory of God.

That is the most rewarding thing about being on drama team. It's exciting to be a vessel for the Lord, to glorify Him by using the talents he's given us, and letting the spirit that stirs in us to touch the hearts of others. I've explored a lot of activities in my life, and there's never been one thing that I've really excelled at. But I've always loved to act, and that's something I can carry with me for the rest of my life. Drama is an act of worship for God. And like I always tell the little kids, worship means showing God how much we love him. What's your act of worship?

No comments:

Post a Comment