Sunday, April 25, 2004

Hovering above the ground.......

I started watching the Rockets vs. Lakers game after halftime....then I started getting really drowsy and took a nap in my room. A little time passed (I dont even remember really falling asleep), and I hear a LOUD racket outside my doors in the game room. As I rose to conciousness, I realized that the noise was my father and sister shouting at the television screen. So being the lazy butt that I was feeling, i tried to go back to sleep, but to no avail. Finally, after an eternity, I rolled myself out of bed and into the presence of the idiot box and my family. I thought the game was pretty intense, although I think the doubts that many people had in the Rockets truly jinxed them. Tis a sad sad thing. How disappointing to lose after such a game! I cant imagine watching basketball games all the time. If I did that...I think I'd be dead by age 30 from a heart attack. Thank goodness the Olympics are every two years....or I'd have some serious issues. I can feel my heart rate increase at the approach of the 2004 summer games in Athens! I think they begin August 17th. =)

I've been telling myself to study for the past 2 hours. It's funny thinking back a few years when I use to be hard-working. I can't believe how hard i use to study....and the only thing that's changed is I'm a senior. What a big difference that word can do to you. I came across the blog Jesse, Jack, and I use to have....and i saw the entry that I wrote a mock senior reflection/column for Jess (exactly a year before today). The things I wrote about on that reflection are things that I'm feeling right now about my senior year... looking back at the past 18 years of my life. Maybe I'll post it some time. I was talking to Jesse a few days ago, and she told me to go and read it. I'm guessing she asked me to write that last year so that I could look back on that column and be totally shocked. I am really shocked, and I cant believe I survived another year of high school....afterall, I was ready to be out last year at this time. It's a curious thing wondering what I'll be thinking exactly a year from today. Remember to ask me this day next year. (maybe I'll give you a prize) I'm thinking maybe I'll be so sick of Juice by this time next year that I'll have moved out of our dorm and into my tent, pitched in the middle of the hallway...teehee..but that will never happen *knock on wood* Please assure me that the rooming with your good friend and hating them myth isn't true!

now that I've written way too much, and wasted way to much of your time..... I shall go and study for those wutchamacalits that i'll be taking in a little over a week. BUT PTL for TAKS!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment