Sunday, April 11, 2004

pulse check......

Long time no update, for me at least....=P

well I guess I'll begin with Good Friday service/ 30hr famine.
Our awesome skit team spent hours preparing for the skit, and I heard many positive things about it. I'm definitely proud of how far the team has come, and it's a great experience worshiping God through drama and being able to serve him by using our gifts. It's also humbling to think that through this act of worship we are learning that our service is NOT TO US and all for Him. There was a lot of reflection on the character of Jesus and what it was that He did on the cross. I felt very at peace just being able to give glory to God through singing and praying. It was when I was most at peace that I began to feel extremely hungry due to the fact that I was well into around 23 hours of fasting (for 30 hour famine). During that time I began to reflect on my relationship with God, and as i shared with the people there, I realized my physical hunger paralleled my spiritual hunger. I realized that as a result of a lot of things in my life, my walk with God was suffering. I was longing, hungering for some spiritual feeding that I'd been neglecting myself of. God is supremely loving and although I fail him and set him aside at times, He does everything to draw me into His arms again. Just the realization of God's awesome love for a wretch like me truly leaves me standing amazed.
Thirty hour famine was great. We raised close to $7000 for hunger around the world!!! The bible study we had was a great reminder of God's commandment to us about caring for the widowed, orphaned, and the foreigner. I pray that God will continue to stir compassion in our hearts. Thanks to Gloria for taking the time to organize and prepare for such a meaningful event. =)

So today is Easter and there's so much joy in the resurrection of Christ. Our thankfulness will never be sufficient for the grace He's provided us.

Make the best of each day that you will never live again.

No comments:

Post a Comment