Tuesday, April 13, 2004

out to get me....

My family and some friends went out to eat crawfish today. We ate a total of 45lbs of crawfish. I guess that's not that much considering we had 15 people and crawfish are only *yay* big. It was very tasty indeed....nice and spicy. Oh, and then we ate vietnamese sandwiches.....man the bbq pork and the special kind are really good. They're cheaper than american subs and personally, I think they taste a whole lot better. So if you're ever in the mood for a viet sub, gimme a ring and I'll be there in a jiffy.

I've been reading Wuthering Heights most of today, and I really like the book. I dig the whole victorian goth genre. The story was a little confusing in the beginning, but it's meant to be that way. Once I sorta got into it, the whole plot was rather interesting and enjoyable. I bought the book 3 summers ago because when I was 11 I went to visit my elementary school best friend in Cali and we played charades and the book she chose was Wuthering Heights. She's this really scholarly genius and for the most part, I always trust her literature judgment. So anyhow, I'd planned to read the book that summer, only to realize that I'd be reading it senior year. So then i decided to put it off till then. After 3 years of having the novel in my possession, I'm finally reading it. I must say that there is an imp of regret not having read it earlier so instead of frantically attempting the impossible (reading 265 pages in one day), I could have just worked on 45 insane questions. But the impossible I shall try to achieve. I'm finally halfway through the novel....so that means with 24 hrs left to go I can finish the book and do all the questions. It's never too late to start getting ambitious.....

No comments:

Post a Comment