Monday, August 11, 2003

Blessed be Your name........

Something i want to experience everyday is the feeling that you just cant shut up about God. One of the most encouraging things for me is to read peoples' blogs or talk to people and see how they use God in every sentence. I love hearing about how God's power has impacted each one of our lives so differently yet in the same way. I love knowing that it's not over, and every day is a new opportunity to live for God, share about his awesomeness, and experience his power in action. Ultimately, i love knowing about God's love.

One desire i've had for as long as i've been a Christian is to truely know what it means that God loves me. And until two days ago, i knew that God loves me in my mind, but i was finally able to grasp that God loves me, in my heart. Going to camp, i knew that God would do amazing things, because he's faithful like that and if you ask for him to reveal himself to you, he will. But one problem i had was holding on to my burdens and not truely letting go and letting God handle the situation. I realized that often times, when you let yourself think for yourself, it's all out of emotion and how you feel. But if you let God think for you, you're letting God control your thoughts and actions. In a nutshell, you're allowing everything to be God centered. God centered thoughts, God centered actions. Someone very dear to my heart told me that we have to train ourself to separate our thoughts and emotions. Emotions will blind us of what we know in our thinking to be true, right, and God centered. The moment i let go of my burdens and let God handle them was the moment he showed his love to me. The very things that were weighing me down, God easily lifted because i asked, and he loved me enough to take my cares from me. And maybe you dont know what it means in your heart that God loves you, but i urge you to persistantly pray that God will reveal to you the amazing love he's given. Knowing in your mind is not enough. Knowing in your heart and soul is how we can live an extreme life for God everyday.

I wont ever be able to show my gratitude to God for the people he's blessed me with in my life. I thank God so much for the counselors at camp, i thank Him for the wisdom, patience, and love they show each and every one of us. I thank God for my friends, for their open hearts and open ears. I thank God for my parents. The very people God placed on this earth to express to me in a tangible way the qualities that he is. I thank God for my parents that they've had the patience to deal with all the dishonoring things i've done. I thank God for my parents because they love me the way God loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment