Monday, August 18, 2003

and yet i wonder......

i've come to the conclusion that most asian moms are very similar. They all posses a very critical characteristic. This characteristic would be that the general majority of asian mothers are painfully blunt. And one reason why im thankful for my mom is cuz she's asian. Having an asian mother has taught me one thing, it's quite difficult for me to be offended by their painfully blunt remarks. Actually now whenever i hear some of that stuff from asian moms it's sorta funny. It's funny cuz they notice things that other ppl generally wudnt notice. heheh... yea ... just my random thought of the moment.

oh.. more randomness but... have u ever gone back and read your old blogs? like say the very first entries you wrote when you became a devoted blogger? now that i think about it....i've been blogging for a REALLY long time..... and it seems like, my attitude about a lot of things have changed. I seemed almost half dorky back a year or two ago. =P But yea.... just reading some of the things that were written in the past, makes me wonder what was i thinking?

I think this goes for the rest of the senior class as well, i dont really feel like a senior right now. Even the word still seems a bit foreign, mabbe it's cuz i dont feel like living in reality right now, and being a senior is very real. I guess besides actually going to school the only somewhat senior-ish thing i've dont is think about friendships. I've realized how blessed i am with all the friendships i've kept over the years. Although i've spent so much of my life moving around, it may seem like i havent been able to keep many of the friends i've made over the years. In fact that's far from the truth. Friends that i met mabbe 13 years ago, I've still kept in touch with today. We might not be as close as we use to be (for some we're even closer now =), and we might live in different parts of the nation, but we're still definitely actively involved in each others lives. It's awesome to see how they've grown and changed. Besides having a God centered friendship, another key is aggressively pursuing the friendship. Both parties have to be truely interested in continuing to cultivate the friendship that's been formed. I was just hanging out in my room the other day and i saw all the snail mail i'd received through out the years. Snail mail is so awesome. And then the other day, a long lost friend of mine decided to return my emails. It was so exciting and i was extremely overjoyed that she'd written me. "Friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cuz the welcome will not end." Not only are true friendships God centered, but true friends stick around.


No comments:

Post a Comment