Monday, February 09, 2004

the week is young.....

Audio Adrenaline got best Christian rock band of the year! yay for Audio A =)

Taking a close look at my schedule this week, I have my share cut out for me. Major testing begins wednesday. Today will be fun filled cal then it's nerdification at it's best for the rest of the week.

The one thing i really like about track is that it really strengthens you. Not only physically, but mentally as well. I probably had the opportunity to run my best 400m time today. How? I kept telling myself that I could....not to mention, i said a prayer while driving over to Kempner for practice. I remember thinking at the starting line "it's all out or nothing..." So after we started, i just shot out, no mercy...and passed out at the finish line. Okay.. i didnt pass out, nothing but a mild asthma attack. But it's good, my lungs are getting stronger. I guess through that whole experience today, I was once again reminded that God is my strength through my weaknesses. I truly believe that without Him, i wouldnt have made it through practice today. Thanks God.

Today, someone asked for me to pray for her friend who's going through a really rough time. I was really encouraged at seeing this person's faith. She is so confident in prayer and so certain that God hears her. Have you ever prayed so hard that after praying, you feel like all the energy in your body left you? Despite the tiredness....doesnt it recharge you to think that God heard that prayer of yours? Oh...and it also reminded me of the time John shared his message about Black Hawk Down, and how when a soldier is in trouble or even if they died, a crew would go look for him, no matter the obstacles. In the same way this girl saw her friend in trouble and did what she could to help her friend. She saw that the solution to this problem was intercession. When you're in trouble, do you have that Black Hawk of a buddy to rescue you?

i've had one too many wake up calls this semester about my laziness...i've been pretty lucky...but i doubt that'll last much longer. So today... it's time to get off my fanny and make a run for it. Re-learning how to study and do hw.... my how could i ever forget Phil 4:13? lest we forget....."I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

No comments:

Post a Comment