Monday, February 16, 2004

people of two worlds......

This weekend was good. I might have inhaled too much second hand smoke, but I cant remember the last time i spent so many 24hrs with my family. I would compare my last trip to Louisiana to this one.....but the only thing i recall from my trip 12 years ago would be beignets and rainbows. But anyhoo, it's always fun and interesting spending valentines day with your family eating seafood gumbo at a truckers lounge in the boonies.

As I've mentioned to some, my family has obtained a massive amount of mardi gras beads, which will sustain my sister's bday party favors for at least another 10 years....not to mention we could open a store. I also think I've consumed enough crawfish and beignets to last me a long long while.

so after breakfast this morning...my sister was tossing this little orange ball by the pier. Suddenly, she bounces it too hard and it goes into the ocean. A brief second later, a giant bird spits something out of its mouth, and it's the bright orange ball!!! Apparently, the ball fell into the water, hit the bird, and the bird returned it back to land. Unfortunate for my sister.....the ball stayed on the other side of this rail....so she saw the ball, but never got the chance to retrieve it.

I cant believe the first track meet is this week. please pray that I dont fall. Falling at the first track meet two seasons in a row really plays with your head....especially when you fall on your head =P I think i see good things happening for the team this year. The older athletes have gotten stronger and the younger are very five star quality. There are SO many chinese people on the team this year....it's seriously an asian invasion of the under classmen. It's kewl....diversity on a team rocks.

and while this has been a splendid weekend...i've fully neglected all of my hw...so the remainder of this weekend with be diligently spent =) Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment