Thursday, February 26, 2004

the prayer warrior chronicles.....

I'm suppose to be writing monologues for my english project right now. However, I'm not experiencing the intuition to do so. Give or take a few minutes the vibe will come. Tonight's concert of prayer was really refreshing. I havent had the energy to really come before God in a while. I loved praying for others and praying for the church. The crazy part was, God knew I was completely out of it by the time COP rolled around. When we began to pray, I pretty much ran out of gas and the words to say for any prayer. When we began praying out loud, all of these words from nowhere starting coming outta my mouth. I really trust that when I've run out of words to say, God prays in my place. I always love an encouraging atmosphere, and it was encouraging to see a group of people praying at FOCUS because they wanted to be there. God listens. It was saddening to hear all the names that people called out who dont know God. But at the same time it was comforting to know that people are aware of the friends in their lives that they can be a light to.

I was looking for some old monologues I'd written when I found an interesting little story...might be old.

Brains
In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room,
Where their family member lay gravely ill. Finally, the doctor came
in looking tired and somber. "I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news," he said as he surveyed the worried faces. "The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain transplant. It's an experimental procedure, semi-risky and you will have to pay for the brain yourselves The family members sat silently as they absorbed the news. After a great length of time, someone asked, "Well, how much does a brain cost? The doctor quickly responded, "$5,000 for a male brain, and$200 for a female brain." The moment turned awkward. Men in the room tried not to smile, avoiding eye contact with the women, but some actually smirked. A man, unable to control his curiosity, blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask, "Why is the male brain so much more?" The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and to the entire group said, "It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to mark down the price of the female brains, because they’ve actually been used.”

No comments:

Post a Comment