Thursday, August 19, 2004

you cracked the sky like broken glass.....

so i sit here now taking one last sniff of my computer. I'm so good at procrastinating this thing we call packing....

I went to eat lunch at Isabel's school today. I can't pass as a fifth grader anymore...when did kids get so small? They have this kewl new security system. Basically they scan your driver's license and then the school gets your criminal record... then they print you a visitors sticker with your DL face on it...that just made me think that if you have a bad DL picture and you go visit commonwealth...stinks for you...everyone gets to see your awesome face. =P Sitting at lunch with all the wee little people reminded me of how peaceful lunch use to be. There was never a pressure of finding the right place to sit with the right people because you always sat with people in your class, in your grade. Funny how everything can get so complicated as you age....even with lunch! On top of visiting my sister, I also saw some of the kids I teach at church. They recognized me and they even gave me a hug!!
Last week, all the kids wrote me notes as a farewell gift...made it all the harder to leave for the fall. But I'll be back! I'd reflect about my internship now....but I'm rather longwinded about that.

So my dad and I went to shop for last minute stuff tonight and it was cool to just talk to him about all that's been going on this summer and the goals and convictions I have heading into college. It's been a while since I've really been able to bond with the pops, since I've been in and out so much this summer. Leaving home is more bittersweet for my parents than it is for me. I mean...my parents are more saddened by the idea than I am....and at the same time more excited than I am.....parents are funny people...yet lovable at the same time. I definitely agree with Juice about the spending time with parents. Spend lots of time with your parents...especially all you seniors. Make the most of the wisdom and love they give you now...cuz the more ancient you grow, the less time parents are in the big picture. Most of all...remember that God gave you parents to show you His love in a tangible way.

now.. i must pack.


No comments:

Post a Comment