Thursday, August 05, 2004

Come ye sinners.....

I still amazes me how advanced technology is these days. Call me a kid of the 80s, but I still stand in awe of wireless internet connection. I haven't had a computer in my room since the 9th grade and now that I can bring my computer anywhere around the house, it's pretty amusing. I was selecting the network printers to print something from my computer and bam the printer which isn't even connected to this computer, prints what I need. Now, you have to think what all of our grandparents are thinking. Imagine the times they lived in and compare it to the things they experience now. I find that pretty out of this world. And yet I wonder, when I'm old and feeble, will I be driving a flying car? Wouldn't that be something? When I look at the world today, I'm still in wonder of how creative God really is...and to think the source of all that we have comes from him. I mean who gives the ability to the worldly creators of things to create a car, plane, or computer? God's a pretty cool guy.

Tonight at high school night we talked about contentment. One thing I was talking to some of the girls about that kind of struck a light bulb wiht me was when I asked them what the source of all our time and wealth is. Sharing with them helped remind me that the source of our wealth is from God. He gave us the potential to make money and instilled in us the abilities that we have. He’s also the source of all the time we have. Each morning that we wake up to is another blessing from God, and another opportunity to fulfill His will. I’ll never forget what I heard a man praying at CSM (center for student missions). He said “Dear Jesus, thank you for this day that I will never live again.” It’s funny how we often take for granted being able to wake up in the mornings and yet we never want to. Sometimes we get so distracted and worn out by the ways of the world that we forget who our source of everything is. He supplies our energy, our strength, our passions, our love, and even our contentment. God gives us more than we could ever ask for and yet we ask for more. There should be more Agurs in the world asking the Lord to give only our “daily bread.”
Proverbs 30: 8
Contentment with all areas of our lives are a difficult task to achieve; so I leave you with this thought:

"and my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment