Saturday, August 28, 2004

everlasting gobbstopper......

the college life has been good thus far. Lots of meeting new people, which is good. It's much like the moving around I did as a kid except no mom and dad....and the experiences are all quite pleasant. So I had bio today and my professor is pretty awesome. He's got a great sense of humor and the best part is, he's really open-minded about evolution. Most scientists take on the scientific view that excludes the possiblity of an higher being. Although that is how science works, my prof does not dismiss the possibility of there being a higher force involved in the evolution of the world. When he told the class that he wasn't religious and that he often loses religious arguments, it was neat to see that he was still open to the views of his students.

I also enjoyed my FIG (freshmen interest group) meeting today. I basically have three of my classes with these girls (there aren't really any guys into the whole social work thing) and I see their faces nearly everyday, so it was nice to finally find out their names and interests and stuff. I've met a lot of really awesome people in my major and it's cool just to see how diverse we are, coming from different places and envisioning different things for our lives. I definitely see a lively year ahead.

I'm excited about the road of social work, but I'm still leaving the door open for the possibility that God may have something else in store for my life.....but we shall very soon seen....i think. I must say that my social stats class is rather intimidating. I'm the only lower classmen in that class....and my professor speaks really quietly, so the class is dead silent if we wanna hear anything. While I thought social stat was a math class....it's actually turning out to be a computer class....and we all know how much computers dislike me. I will very soon see what this class amounts to for my overall college experience.

A very valuable lesson I've learned from actually reading a book this summer is what it feels like to follow God's will. George Barna expresses that following God's will should not be a frustrating experience. No doubt the road of doing God's will is never easy, but seeing the vision of the end result is beautiful, and that makes all suffering worth the fight. However, if the fight is being fought in vain....and the frustration is just frustration...one must really question if the thing you are pursuing is really along the beautiful path God has paved for your life. I'm not sure that makes any sense written out, but it all makes sense in my head....and if u ever want that clarified....just ask me.

I wonder why people are up at 2am....bored or trying to amuse themselves...is sleep really THAT overrated in college? man...what am I doing here?


No comments:

Post a Comment