Wednesday, August 25, 2004

picture mania.....

as you can see, I was having some trouble posting pictures....but at the request of some I have finally posted pictures of where I shall be situated in the year to come.
Everything still feels like a blur. Perhaps it is the blur of the many people I've met in the course of the past few days. Meeting people is both a tiring and rewarding experience. It's nice to finally meet people that some have spoken so fondly of over the course of time. I've also enjoyed meeting a lot of the people in the social work department. Everyone is so diverse and interesting to talk to.
Despite all of that, being here is still quite surreal and I miss taking a shower in my bathroom. I've never been one to be too picky about bathrooms, and I can honestly say that I appreciate having a connecting bath, but nothing beats my fish shower curtains back at home. No, dont get me wrong, I'm not homesick, but rather bathroom sick. The most strange part about having a connecting bath is not being able to lock the doors from the inside.....just what if my suite mats pop in when im going poo or taking a shower? What a memory that would be.

With each quiet time I've been having, God's been preparing my heart for some of the encounters I will face in the years to come. I remember in Orange we would put on the amor of God each morning to get us ready to do His work as well as being well protected from Satan's attacks. But that isn't just a mission trip thing. The devil is alive here as well as the places we go on missions to. In a book I read this summer, it said something about how one of Satan's greatest lies is making us think that there really isn't a war. So I leave you with this as you all begin this new year in new places and simply being a little older....

Ephesians 6:13-18 MSG "Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out."


No comments:

Post a Comment