Tuesday, June 10, 2003

like a child..........

i think the best part abt summer so far is having time to spend with family. During the school year, im home physically... but not mentally. Like yesterday we had guests over and i helped my mom cook dinner. i dun really remember the last time i voluntarily did that. it was pretty kewl and my mom really appreciated it. i love random acts of kindness...esp for mom. then tonite after dinner, we were all feeling chubbed so my mom was like... yea.. i'm going bike riding and then i wanted to go bike riding and my sis wanted to go and my dad did too. so we went bike riding. isabel and my mom rode their own bikes, my dad rode mine, and i rode my old bike/ the one i learned to ride a bike on. (it's abt 12 yrs old...and still in good shape... a lil dorky but it works) we rode to two parks. I cant remember the last time i went to the park with my family. the last time we went, my sister didnt know how to ride a two wheeler, and she had to sit on my shoulders to go on the monkey bars. now, she rides her bike better than me and she's an independant woman at the monkey bars. I totally felt like i was back in the fifth grade enjoying my uphill bike ride along the golf course at Horn Rapids. As much as i disliked golfers back then... i miss them yelling, "hey kid get off the grass" at me when i rode through the golf course....and then i'd make my daring escape across the bridge, back through the driving range....speedily racing the golf carts back to my house...where i'd find my neighbor...5times a week.. twice a day... washing his car....then i'd proudly treat myself to a lime popsicle.....
tonite.. when i got home from the bike ride....all i cud think abt was how sore my butt was... but how much fun it was going to the park. and then my mom gave isabel and i a popsicle.... cept this one was cherry...but it was still good.....summer... rocks


No comments:

Post a Comment