Tuesday, May 20, 2003

as we go on........

until about this point in my life... i wasnt excatly sure what i wanted to do with my life... the goals i had.. the vision i would persue. for a while i guess i had a semi-goal... and that kept me going for a while.. until i realized i sucked at bio...haha.. so bummer.. cant follow in my parents foot steps. which is probably a good thing too cuz i'm not much of a science joe.
the amazing thing that struck a cord in my vision for life... was that it only took a hemme essay to get me thinking. we had to write a practice college essay... and just before writing that essay i sorta decided what my vision was...and what career i cud really use God's gift in. and throughout the essay process i become more convicted of what God's plan was for me...and how nicely my spiritual gifts knitted into my goal for the future.

then today.. in computer we had a motivational speaker... which usually i'm not that thrilled about. but she had some pretty convicting things to say..which was kewl... it was sorta like a sermon... but a sermon from a woman who persued the career i hope to experience in my future... and as she spoke... a thought just sorta came to me.. and i was thinking just randomly.. "well she seems like a great person and all...but is she a Christian?" and then the next thing she said was, "i've been working in the ministry for the past 8 years...." yea.. that was kewl... iono... i think it's true that people who live life to the fullest are those that have a vision for a future..and not people who live for the moment.. becuz u dont know where the moment is going.. but u have control whether u want to persue something or not... do you have a vision?

my all time favorite quote: "you dont know wut the future holds...but u know who holds the future"...which doesnt have much relevance to my previous statement.. it's just a nice thing to ponder.... ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment