Friday, November 12, 2004

no one else.....

the mounting anticipation...the numbing in my toes....the emptiness in my stomach...all came down to one thing....I wanted to go home....and here I am =)

After seven weeks of not driving, I mad-womanly started my car and sped down williams trace. Upon arrival of my destination, I ran from the parking lot into the restaurant so my dad wouldn't see me through the glass wall of Chinese Cafe. I stealthily walked across the tile floor all the while shushing the adults, so they wouldn't ruin the surprise. The moment I clasped my arms around my dad's neck and uttered "happy birthday" his buddy took a picture and thus captured the surprised look on my beloved father's face. I remember the last time I left home, he almost cried...it's been a while since I've seen him smile like that. When I sat down to stuff my face with CHINESE FOOD...my dad told me that when he was finishing up dinner he felt kinda sad that I'd have to miss his birthday dinner (although he distinctively told me it would be okay to wait till thanksgiving to come home....never listen to your parents...the truth is they always want you to come home even when they say you should stay at school for no apparent reasons).

I thoroughly enjoyed dinner with my parents, Isabel, and parent's buddies. It's nice to be loved by home. I adore the feel of steering wheel between my palms...the scent of coolness in my room (and the fact that my dad vacuums it when I'm not there...and how my mom cleans my sink cuz it was gross)....saturday morning in your blanket dont wanna get up in the morning cuz you can stay in bed feeling.....hearing the interesting noises coming out of Odie as I strum it....chinese food!!!

Why did I have to grow up so fast?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment