Saturday, November 13, 2004

ground beneath my feet.....

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ." Ephesians 1:3

God blesses us so that we can bless others. If that is the case, what blessings we have to give. This has been one of the best weekends I've had since the school year started (dont get me wrong, I love Austin). Everytime I encounter a piece of home, whether it's visitors, food, or just being back in SL, I feel a sense of completeness ...although I'm never really lacking in anything. I like the familiarity of my family and how my bed always looks welcoming for me to rest upon. I like how my mom makes sure I get enough to eat and how my sister makes me play with her. Despite the change that has happened, and how time runs it's course here while I'm gone, something about the people I love never change.

SOoo... as I predicted, the little sister shook me awake at 10:30 (ungodly for a saturday, I know). However, I persisted my dormancy until around 11:45 when the sound of my mother's voice resonated the words "dim sum"....for who can resist the savory taste of good ole Houstonian canton traditions? In no time, I was ready and we mounted our trusty Windstar towards our destination. I must say that J2 will never satisfy my stomach the way dim sum can.

After a delicious meal and running into half my parents friends, we drove over to AMC. It's been a while since I've watched a movie with my family, and what movie could have been more fitting than The Incredibles? If you're wondering whether that movie is worth your buck...I've got five words for you...go see it for yourself! I think my dad and I scared the little kid next to me. There was this one part in the movie when we just busted out laughing, and we laughed so hard that both of us started crying (I get my laughing habits from my dad). The movie proceeded to be more enjoyable once we wiped the tears from my faces. After the movie, to top the evening off... I ate a homecooked potluck meal.

The remainder of the night was rather lonely, but eventful. I cannot emphasize how awesome of a store Target is.

So now what? Study...that's what. Studying at home is possible..... sometimes.




No comments:

Post a Comment