Thursday, November 25, 2004

and with a thankful heart I bring my offering......

long time no post eh? My... how life's priorities have changed. It sure feels nice to be home again =) This will definitely be a weekend to catch up on the lost sleep from last weekend. However, my lost youthfulness of the previous weekend was totally worth it. Matt Wertz and Dave Barnes concert definitely increased my appreciation for acoustics. Homedawg coming was fun, kinda turned the hands of time back to high school...slightly more crazy dancing though. Then Charity Night of Giving at Barton Creek Square Mall was pretty fun too...got to chill with my social work gals AND we got to walk from Caesar Chavez all the way back to Jester in the sopping rain, not to mentioned i got to bring the worms stuck on my foot back to the dorm with me. To really top the weekend off, Justine and I ate an apple pie while we watched the ultimate movie Jason and the Argonauts.... now that is what I call a spectacular weekend. Then there was this week.....jam session in James's room and Sharktales to wee hours..S.B. sg jamming in jester east... and speed scrabble, squabble, and sloth till the crack of dawn (literally). So this break... I shall be eating and sleeping to my health like the resta you (hopefully).

Last night at Concert of Prayer, we got to share about the things we're thankful for. God is such a giving God; who constantly exceeds our expectations of what he pours out to us. Although, I mentioned several things that I"m thankful for, the list goes on...and I shall proceed to share a little more of what else it is I'm thankful for.

*All the older folk at UT: All of you have been the older siblings I've never had, always taking interest in our odd freshman-like behaviorisms and making sure we get our medicines when we get sick. Not only are we taken care of but a big thanks for taking the time to welcome us into the UT community this first semester. Definitely working out to be the home away from home.

*A big praise to God for teaching me to live more simply. Whenever I come home, I realize the degree of abundance to which we live. Everything that we need and so much more has been placed all under one roof. Being at college, I bring a minimal amount of stuff, share a bedroom with someone else, a bathroom with three people, and I don't really have a pantry full of junk food. In a sense, it's kind of like fasting. You don't know how much you actually need until you realize how little you can actually live on.

*My parents, who show me God's love in a tangible way.

I liked how John mentioned that we often thank God for what he gives us, but we can forget to thank him for being who he is, for the characteristics he posses. This season, dont just be thankful, but be a God-thanker.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment