Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Dear brothers & sisters,

The earth is full of His unfailing love! Tony¡¦s blood count this week is exceptionally good and the blood test indicates his liver is still functioning well. He only has to work on his appetite and nausea, which happens the next two or three days after the treatment. Everything went well yesterday. They will do the CT scan on him to check if the chemo is working after two more treatments.

It was not till now that we totally discern how and why afflictions can turn into countless blessings! First of all, we found out our elder son is so thoughtful and caring! We are developing a much better relationship now. He is even financially supporting us. We never imagine this would happen so soon. We know God is working on him and we have been praying ceaselessly for his turning back to Him.

Then my brother-in-law, who came from Hong Kong to help us out, has made his decision to believe in Christ, and he is diligently reading and trying to understand God¡¦s Word.

One of Tony¡¦s sisters and some of our friends, who are not yet Christians, are willing to pray to God for Tony¡¦s healing. We are praying they will be touched by the Holy Spirit.

The Lord has sent so many angels to take care of us, they are not just sending us regards, but actually and continuously doing something to make our lives better. Some of them we hardly keep in touch or we don¡¦t even know before! God comforts us in all our tribulation, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in trouble.

¡§My ears had heard of you, but now my eyes have seen you.¡¨

How can we still be triumphant and thankful under intense pressure of suffering and hardship? We know this ¡§transcends all understanding¡¨. But we are holding the peace in Him, even in times of storm.

Please forward this to your fellowship so that everyone can pray for us. Also would you pray fervently for Norm Fong, a brother in our English congregation, who will be undergoing a major surgery Thursday morning. He is having cancer for the third time. This time is around his left eye. Please pray for a successful surgery or he could lose his sight.

Thanks again.

In Christ,

Rossana

How God is working in their family reminds me of how God worked in my family. Some of you know my grandmother passed away about a year ago and my grandfather has been having a rough time since. After her death, I was heart broken and not sure if I'd ever see her again, because I didn't know for certain if she had accepted Christ. She'd had a mild stroke, but the doctor's gave her the wrong medication that induced another stroke, which ended her life. I remember I didn't understand why it happened, or what good could come from the situation, but I trusted God's plan and how he always brings light to dark situations. My dad went back for the funeral and he was able to share the gospel with my grandfather, which struck curiousity within my uncle. Although, he's not yet a believer, the seeds been planted, and I can only keep praying. Another one of my uncles became a Christian in college and fell away due to lack of time, but after the incident, he started going to church again, and his wife even turned from being buddhist to Christianity. My dad's been back to see my grandfather three times since my grandma left him, and each time he keeps asking him if he's ready to accept Christ. He hasn't said that he will yet, and he's turning 90 in a month, but we keep our chin up cuz I know that through our prayers, God can penetrate his heart.

After it happened, I feel like time is short, and we only have so many opportunities to share our faith with people we care about. Sometimes sharing our faith with family members is the last thing on our mind...but it's something we as Christians can be thinking about...about eternity.




No comments:

Post a Comment